Make a difference in your community! Work at the Pike Market Senior Center & Food Bank.
For any advertised position, please send resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AmeriCorps position: Food Access Specialist - online application
Member Services and Program Coordinator - see below
Position Title: Member Services and Program Coordinator
Reports to: Program and Member Services Manager
Classification: Full-time / Non-Exempt, Monday – Friday (35 hours) per week as well as coverage on
weekends as necessary.
Hourly wage: $24-$25 DOE
Date: May 2023
The Agency - The Pike Market Senior Center & Food Bank (PMSCFB) is in the historic Pike Place
Market. We have been serving our neighbors in the heart of Seattle since 1978 and are part of the integral
and historic fabric that defines our downtown community.
The Senior Center serves people aged 55 and up. We serve a diverse constituency and our membership
is free. There are no fees for meals, services, or regular activities. While people from all walks of life are
members of PMSCFB, we are pioneers in offering senior center programming to elders who are
The Food Bank offers many ways to serve people of any age including free groceries, ready-to-eat food
for clients experiencing homelessness, and home delivery for eligible residents of Downtown Seattle.
PMSCFB is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome all to apply.
The Member Services Coordinator is the go-to person for Pike Market Senior Center members who visit
daily and form the daily community. This person also has a vital role in developing programs for who visit
the senior center regularly, many of whom are experiencing homelessness . They are an easily accessible
contact for questions or issues, someone whose job is to be visible, accessible, and vigilant, can resolve
disputes, and whose presence promotes a welcoming, friendly atmosphere at the Senior Center.
The position is as a member of the Programming and Member Services team. This position helps our
members have a positive experience at the Senior Center by helping them feel welcome and part of a
community, connect with services and programs, and by working with the Wellness Engagement
Coordinator to develop and expand programming.
Essential Job Duties
Provide consistent agency information to members:
- Be visible and available to answer questions; help members find resources they are seeking
- Keep membership informed by making announcements, posting notices, and managing the activities
- Orient new members
- Proactively make sure that members understand policies
Enhance member experience:
- romote a friendly, welcoming atmosphere
- Enforce policies firmly but kindly
- Help members find ways to engage
- Help members locate needed information and resources
Gather member feedback and information to inform policies and programming:
- Interact with members and learn about their interests
- Conduct formal and informal surveys
- Develop and oversee member feedback sessions
- Follow up with suggestions from members in the suggestion box
- Help Member Services and Programming team assess how members are responding to programming
- Work with Programming and Member Services team to make sure all programs run smoothly at the
Senior Center, including self-monitored programs.
- Plan, develop, execute, and evaluate programming for members who visit the senior center regularly,
many of whom are experiencing homelessness. This work will be done in partnership with the
Program and Member Services Manager and will be a part of the *HUB expansion project.
- Assist in operating the Pike Market Senior Center Extra Space at 1519 First Avenue. (TES)
- Assist with other programs and activities as needed
- Help distribute commodities and information
- Ability to understand and follow instructions as assigned.
- And other duties, as directed.
- Typically, indoors
- Your day is spent interacting with the daily community of senior center members. The senior center is
- Frequent periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Frequently standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Friendly, helpful, positive personality
- Experience working in social services and maintaining professional boundaries
Experience assessing and developing programs
- Can take charge of situations and ability to stay even tempered, consistent, and fair-minded under
- Is skilled at conflict resolution and problem solving; by example, promotes a positive, friendly, and
- Experience working with diverse populations including people who are homeless and/or have mental
- Speaks and writes in English clearly and fluently
- Enjoys interacting with seniors
- Knowledgeable about resources available to low-income seniors and can conduct research to obtain
- Consistent, organized, and able to follow a schedule
- Observant and a good listener
Bachelors in Social Work in Social Work or a related field desired
Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin, or Cantonese speaking
To apply for this position please send a letter of interest and resume to:
Preference for local candidates.